Will County Fair Book 2021
Jr Dairy Cattle
JAMES MEYER (815) 258-9573 – Superintendent
MELVIN MEYER, Assistant Superintendents
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $7,630.00
Judging Time — Friday, August 24, 2019 — 9:00 a.m.
Entry Fee — $6.00 per entry
- Each Exhibitor must comply with the General Eligibility Rules of this department and the 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
- Animals must be purebred and registered in the name of the junior exhibitor. Registration papers will be required before animals are shown.
- Each exhibitor shall be limited to one entry in each class. No exhibitor, however, will be permitted to enter more than two breeds.
- Entries in the dairy classes must have been the property of the exhibitor in accordance with the following dates: January 1 of current year for cows, and June 1 of current year for calves.
- All animals must have registration papers and be ear-marked if Breeding Association so requires. Registration papers must be made available for inspection by Directors in charge and remain in exhibitors possession for duration of fair.
- Registered Red and White Holstein’s are eligible to show.
- Due to sanitary conditions NO MILK will be dumped on the ground.
|Spring Heifer Calf||Born after 3-1-19 thru 6-1-19|
|Winter Heifer Calf||Born after 12-1-18 thru 2-28-19|
|Fall Heifer Calf||Born 9-1-18 thru 11-30-18|
|Summer Yearling||Born 6-1-18 thru 8-31-18|
|Spring Yearling||Born 3-1-18 thru 5-31-18|
|Winter Yearling||Born 12-1-17 thru 2-28-18|
|Fall Yearling||Born 9-1-17 thru 11-30-17|
|2 yr. old cow||Born 3-1-16 thru 2-28-17|
|3 & 4 yr. old Cow||Born 9-1-15 thru 8-31-16|
|Aged Cow||Born before 9-1-15|
HELP WITH NEW CLEAN-UP PROJECT
Please use dumpsters stationed at each barn for manure, only.
Cooperation from each exhibitor to help keep the Fairgrounds clean would be appreciated.
( B-W & R-W)
|Brown Swiss||Jersey||Milking Shorthorn|
|952||971||990||1009||1028||1047||Spring Heifer Calf||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|953||972||991||1010||1029||1048||Winter Heifer Calf||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|954||973||992||1011||1030||1049||Fall Heifer Calf||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|959||978||997||1016||1035||1054||Junior Champion Female (each breed)||$15.00 – Rosette|
|1063||Junior Champion Female OAB||$20.00 – Rosette|
|960||979||998||1017||1036||1055||2 yr. old Cow||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|961||980||999||1018||1037||1056||3 & 4 yr. old Cow||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|963||982||1001||1020||1039||1058||Dry Cow 3 yr. old & over||24.00||23.00||22.00||21.00||20.00|
|964||983||1002||1021||1040||1059||Sr. Champion Female (each breed)||$15.00 – Rosette|
|1064||Sr. Champion Female OAB||$20.00 – Rosette|
|965||984||1003||1022||1041||1060||Grand Champion Female (each breed)||$25.00 – Rosette|
|SPECIAL AWARDS – No Entry Number Required|
|1065||Grand Champion Dairy Female over all breeds||$25.00 Cash Award|
|Trophy – by Will Co. Fair Assn.|
|1066||Junior Champion Showmanship||Trophy – by Will Co. Fair Assn.|
|1067||Senior Champion Showmanship||Trophy – by Will Co. Fair Assn.|