Will County Fair Book 2021
LIN SCHARNHORST & COURTNEY SELUCKY Co-Superintendents (708) 258-6020
RICK & KATHY WHITE, TONI OPYT, LORRAINE SELUCKY, Asst. Superintendents
Judging Time – 8:00 a.m., Saturday, August 24th
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $1,237.00
Entry Fee – 50 cnts per bird; 50 cents Pair. Coops will be furnished.
See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
Coop fees all chickens – 50 ents each, ducks, geese, and turkeys $1.00 per bird.
See Junior Department Rules.
- ALL BIRDS MUST BE AT LEAST 4 MONTHS OLD TO SHOW, (4-H Chicken meat pens are exempt from age rule). All birds over 4 months must be tested for pullorum thyphoid, prior to entering fairgrounds. Waterfowl do not require testing. USDA flock testing report or NPIP card must be presented to superintendent before caging.
- Young birds were hatched after Jan. 1, 2019, old birds were hatched prior to Jan. 1, 2019.
- JUNIOR EXHIBITORS ARE LIMITED TO 1 ENTRY PER CLASS NUMBER, pair classes are limited to 1 per class number, a pair consists of 1 male and 1 female, both old or both young. All entries in pair classes must have been shown as singles. Breed and variety must be listed on entry form.
- All exhibitors must supply their own feed, and feed and water their birds at least once daily, no exceptions.
- Duck, goose, and turkey exhibitors must provide their own feeders and non-spillable waterers.
- Tags will be attached to assigned cages, no changes to tags or cages are permitted.
- All 4-H meat pens must be registered and pay coop fee per bird and exhibitors fee to Will County Fair.
- BIRDS ENTERED IN 4-H MEAT PENS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY WILL COUNTY FAIR POULTRY CLASSES.
- All birds must remain inside of the poultry barn during the entire fair, see superintendent for exceptions.
- Poultry will be judged based on “The American Standard of Perfection.”
- Will County Fair Assn. will not be responsible for accidents or loss by fire, storm or, otherwise.
All Birds must be in show coops by 12 Noon on Wednesday, August 21 Superintendents will coop birds, Tues 6pm to 10pm, and until noon Wed. All birds must be removed by 10pm the last night of the fair, no exceptions
PRIZE MONEY: 1st – $5.00, 2nd – $4.00, 3rd – $3.00, 4th – $2.00