Will County Fair Book 2021
LARRY NELSON (815) 567-3429 & Bill Chapin (815) 634-3867 Co- Superintendents
SHERRYL NELSON – Assistant Superintendent
Entries Close Monday, August 9, 2021 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $5,670.00
Judging Time — 9:00 a.m., Saturday, August 28, 2021
Entry Fee — $5.00 per entry
Pen Rent – $2.00 per head for the duration of the Fair.
Entry and pen fees must be paid at the time entry is made.
See 2021 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
- Each exhibitor must comply with the General Eligibility Rules of the Junior Department.
- Each exhibitor shall be limited to one entry in each class. No exhibitor will be permitted to enter more than two breeds. Entries in single classes may also be entered in pen.
- Animals entered must be purebred and registered in the name of the exhibitor. Junior exhibitors must have all animals registered in his or her own name. (Partnership registration is not acceptable.) All animals must be docked. Registration papers will be required before animals are shown and must be made available for inspection by Directors in charge and remain in exhibitors possession for duration of fair. All sheep must have association tag in ear and breeder’s tag.
- Animals must have been owned by the exhibitor 30 days before Fair opens.
- Market lambs (female or male) may be grade or crossbred, and can only be shown in Market classes.
- Juniors must show their own sheep.
- Each exhibitor may enter two entries in the Market Lamb Class.
- Single Market Lamb Classes will be divided by weight into classes, by the Superintendent’s in charge, as they see fit.
- Weight Class 1216 and 1218 will be allowed no more than 5 Sub-Classes. Weight Class 1217 and 1219 will be allowed no more than 2 Sub-Classes. Sub-Classes will be determined by the Superintendent.
- Market Lambs will be weighed Wednesday, August 25th at 3:00 p.m.
- All animals must be clipped, cut and groomed or premium will be forfeited.
- All aisles must be cleaned and raked daily by 8:00 a.m.
- Junior Department Shows are open to boys and girls who are 8 years of age or in third grade and not yet 21 years of age on or before September 1 of the year previous to the fair.
HELP WITH NEW CLEAN-UP PROJECT
Please use dumpsters stationed at each barn for manure only.
Cooperation from each exhibitor to help keep the Fairgrounds clean would appreciated
|Shropshire||Southdown||Hampshire||Cheviot||Montedale||Dorset||All Other Purebred Breeds Wool||All Other Purebred Breeds Meat||Market Lambs (Fat Lambs)|
|1069||1081||1096||1111||1126||1141||1186||1201||Ram, 1 year old & under 2 years||15||14||13||12||11|
|1070||1082||1097||1112||1127||1142||1187||1202||Ram, Fall Lamb||15||14||13||12||11|
|1071||1083||1098||1113||1128||1143||1188||1203||Ram, Spring Lamb||15||14||13||12||11|
|1072||1084||1099||1114||1129||1144||1189||1204||Pair of Ram Labs||15||14||13||12||11|
|1073||1085||1100||1115||1130||1145||1190||1205||Champion Ram||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1074||1086||1101||1116||1131||1146||1191||1206||Reserve Champion Ram||$5.00 – Rosette|
|1075||1087||1102||1117||1132||1147||1192||1207||Ewe, 1 year old & under 2 years||15||14||13||12||11|
|1076||1089||1104||1119||1134||1149||1194||1209||Ewe, Fall Lamb||15||14||13||12||11|
|1077||1090||1105||1120||1135||1150||1195||1210||Ewe, Spring Lamb||15||14||13||12||11|
|1078||1091||1106||1121||1136||1151||1196||1211||Pair of Ewe Lambs||15||14||13||12||11|
|1079||1092||1107||1122||1137||1152||1197||1212||Champion Ewe||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1080||1093||1108||1123||1138||1153||1198||1213||Reserve Champion Ewe||$5.00 – Rosette|
|Trophies Given By:|
WILL COUNTY FAIR ASSN.
$25.00 Cash Award for Grand Champion
Market Lamb given by Manteno Farmers
|1216||Single Market Lamb, Wether||15||14||13||12||11|
|1217||Pen of 2 Market Lambs, Wether||15||14||13||12||11|
|1218||Single Market Lamb, Ewe||15||14||13||12||11|
|1219||Pen of 2 Market Lambs, Ewes||15||14||13||12||11|
|Special Awards – No Entry Number Required|
|1223||Grand Champion Ram Over All Breeds||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|1224||Reserve Grand Champion Ram Over All Breeds||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1225||Grand Champion Ewe Over All Breeds||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|1226||Reserve Grand Champion Ewe Over All Breeds||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1227||Grand Champion Market Lamb||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|1228||Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1229||Grand Champion Pen of Market Lambs||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|1230||Reserve Champion Pen of Market Lambs||$10.00 – Rosette|
|1231||Junior Champion Showmanship Award||Ribbon – Trophy|
|1232||Senior Champion Showmanship Award||Ribbon – Trophy|