Will County Fair Book 2021
BECKY BRAASCH, Superintendent (815) 405-3901
RYAN BRAASCH, HAYLEY HOFFMAN, BOB BATSON, and MIRANDA SCHMAEDEKE, Asst. Superintendents
Entries Close Friday, August 5, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $10,378.00
Judging Time – 5:30 p.m., Thursday, August 22
Entry Fee – $6.50 per entry
Pen Rent – $2.00 Per Head for the duration of Fair.
3 PIGS PER PEN
Must be paid at time entry is made.
- All swine must be in place by 12 noon on Wednesday, August 21.
- All animals must be owned by exhibitor for 30 days prior to opening of Fair.
- Each exhibitor is limited to 2 entries per class.
- Registration papers are required for all purebred livestock. Purebred barrow papers must be presented at scale at time of weigh-in. NO COPIES. BARROWS WITHOUT PAPERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO CROSSBRED BARROW CLASSES.
- See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
- Pigs entered in breeding classes must be purebred and be born between Jan. 1st and April 1st of current year.
- Mature Sow is any female that has farrowed at least one litter.
- All market classes will be divided into classes by weight, as the superintendents in charge see fit. All pair classes will split by combined weight not average weight.
- Crossbred gilts will not be alllowed in purebred classes.
- All market gilt classes limited only to crossbreds.
- Second place animals from class of champion to show for reserve.
- Purebred animals must be registered in name of individual exhibitor only, not family, farm or firm.
- Market gilts cannot be shown in breeding stock classes.
- ALL MARKET SWINE AND CROSSBRED GILTS MUST BE WEIGHED WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21 STARTING AT 12:00 P.M.
- Weight classes – 657, 765, 783, 675, 693, 711, 729, & 747 will be allowed no more than 1 sub class.
Weight classes 801 & 807 will be allowed no more than 2 sub classes.
All sub classes are to be determined but the Superintendent.
- 3 pigs per pen, not less than 3 pigs per pen.
- ALL EXHIBITORS MUST USE WOOD SHAVINGS AS MANDATORY BEDDING – NO EXCEPTIONS.
(No Entry Number Required)
|815A||Grand Champion Gilt Over All Breeds||$20.00, Rosette & Trophy|
|815B||Reserve Grand Champion Gilt Over All Breeds||$15.00 & Rosette|
|815C||Grand Champion Mature Sow Over All Breeds||$20.00, Rosette & Trophy|
|815D||Reserve Grand Champion Mature Sow OAB||$15.00 & Rosette|
|815E||Grand Champion Pair of Breeding Gilts||$20.00 & Rosette|
|815F||Reserve Grand Champion Pair of Breeding of Gilts||$15.00 & Rosette|
|815G||Grand Champion Market Barrow OAB||$20.00, Rosette & Trophy|
|815H||Reserve Grand Champion Market Barrows OAB||$15.00 & Rosette|
|815K||Grand Champion Market Gilt||$20.00, Rosette & Trophy|
|815L||Reserve Grand Champion Market Gilt||$15.00 & Rosette|
TROPHIES GIVEN BY:
AHW Manteno; Will County Farm Bureau
Peotone Animal Hospital
OPEN CLASS SWINE
|Berkshire||Chester White||Duroc||Hampshire||Poland China||Yorkshire||Spotted Poland||A.O.B. Purebred||Crossbreds|
|649||667||685||703||721||739||757||775||793*||Early Jan. Gilt (born between 1/1/19-1/20/19)||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|650||668||686||704||722||740||758||776||794*||Jan.-Feb. Gilt (born between 1/21/19-2/10/19)||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|651||669||687||705||723||741||759||777||795*||Late Feb. Gilt (born between 2/11/19-2/28/19)||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|652||670||688||706||724||742||760||778||796*||March Gilt (born on or after March 1st)||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|653||671||689||707||725||743||761||779||797||Champion Gilt ea. breed||15 – Rosette|
|654||672||690||708||726||744||762||780||798||Reserve Champion Gilt ea. breed||10 – Rosette|
|656||674||692||710||728||746||764||782||800||Pair of Breeding Gilts (Purebreds do not have to be litter mates)||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|657||675||693||711||729||747||765||783||801||Market – Single Barrow||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|659||677||695||713||731||749||767||785||803||Champion Market Barrow ea. breed||15 – Rosette|
|660||678||696||714||732||750||768||786||804||Reserve Champion Market Barrow ea. breed||10 – Rosette|
|807||Market – Single Gilt||33||25||21||18||16||15|
|809||Champion Market Gilt||15 – Rosette|
|810||Reserve Champion Market Gilt||10 – Rosette|
|*Classes 793-796 will be|
shown by weight.