Will County Fair Book 2021
Jr Beef Cattle
JEFF BEAVERS, Superintendent (815) 838-8176
DOUG LUEHRS, KELLY TOPPEN and JUSTIN STRAWSON – Assistant Superintendents
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019
Estimated Amount Offered $5,965.00
Judging Time – 9:00 a.m. Saturday, August 24
Entry Fee – $5.00 per entry
See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements
- Each exhibitor must comply with the General Eligibility Rules of this Department.
- Breeding animals must be purebred and registered in the name of the Junior exhibitor. Registration papers must be made available for inspection by directors in charge and remain in exhibitors possession for duration of fair. Registration papers will be required on the registered heifer, cow or dam of calf before animals are shown.
- Each exhibitor shall be limited to one entry in each class. No animal can be shown in more than one class, except as provided in the General Eligibility Rules.
- All steers shown must have been owned and cared for by the exhibitor since February 1, 2019. All Breeding Stock Classes must have been owned and cared for by the exhibitor since June 1, The Superintendents expect any boy or girl showing a steer in the Junior Show to be able to show ownership as of February 1, 2019. Steer jockeys are not eligible nor welcome in the Junior Show.
- Market animals may be purebred, grade or crossbred. Animals exhibited must be shown in breed class for which they show predominant characteristics, to be determined by the Superintendent of the class.
- Weighing of Steers and Commercial Breeding Heifers – All steers and breeding heifers must be officially weighed for classification before entering the judging ring. The Superintendent shall have the right to require any steer to be reweighed and shall have the right to divide steer classes as he sees fit (approximately 900 lbs.). No steers under 900 lbs. will be allowed to show. Steers will be divided into three weight classes by superintendent.
- Anyone requesting stalls next to another exhibitor shall make request at time of entry. Once stalls are assigned, no changes will be made or all premiums will be forfeited.
- STEER AND COMMERCIAL BREEDING HEIFERS WILL BE WEIGHED WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21 AT 1:00 P.M.
- Commercial Breeding Heifers will be shown by weight.
- If question of age, Superintendent shall have the right to mouth all steers.
- All animals must have registration papers and be ear-marked if Breeding Association so requires.
- Weight classes 835, 856, 877, 914, and 917 will be allowed no more than 2 sub-classes. Weight class 920 will be allowed no more than 3 sub-classes. Sub classes will be determined by the superintendent.
- Exhibitors are limited to one fan per three head of cattle.
- All animals to be groomed South of Main Road.
AGE CLASSIFICATION – DEPT. H-1 – JUNIOR BEEF CATTLE
|Winter Heifer Calf||Calved between Jan. 1, 2019 and April 30, 2019|
|Junior Heifer Calf||Calved between Nov. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018|
|Senior Heifer Calf||Calved between Sept. 1, 2018 and Oct. 31, 2018|
|Late Summer Yearling Heifer||Calved between July 1, 2018 and Aug. 31, 2018|
|Early Summer Yearling Heifer||Calved between May 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018|
|Late Junior Yearling Heifer||Calved between March 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018|
|Early Junior Yearling Heifer||Calved between Jan. 1, 2018 and Feb. 28, 2018|
|Senior Yearling Heifer||Calved between Sept. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017|
|Angus||All Other Breeds|
|824||845||866||903||Cow-calf / cow any age., calf current year||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|825||846||867||904||Winter Heifer Calf||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|826||847||868||905||Junior Heifer Calf||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|827||848||869||906||Senior Heifer Calf||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|828||849||870||907||Late Summer Yearling Heifer||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|829||850||871||908||Early Summer Yearling Heifer||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|830||851||872||909||Late Junior Yearling Heifer||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00||16.00|
|831||852||873||910||Early Junior Yearling Heifer||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00|
|832||853||874||911||Senior Yearling Heifer||20.00||19.00||18.00||17.00|
|833||854||875||912||Champion Female||$15.00 – Rosette|
|834||855||876||913||Reserve Champion Female||$10.00 – Rosette|
|918||Champion Breeding Heifer||$15.00 – Rosette|
|919||Reserve Champion Breeding Heifer||$10.00 – Rosette|
|838||859||880||915||921||Champion Steer||$15.00 – Rosette|
|839||860||881||916||922||Reserve Champion Steer||$10.00 – Rosette|
|SPECIAL AWARDS – No Entry Number Required|
|927 Grand Champion Cow/Calf Pair Over All Breeds||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|928 Reserve Grand Champion Cow/Calf Pair OAB||$10.00 – Rosette|
|929 Grand Champion Female Over All Breeds||$20.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|930 Reserve Grand Champion Female Over All Breeds||$15.00 – Rosette|
|931 Grand Champion Steer Over All Breeds||$20.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|932 Reserve Grand Champion Steer Over All Breeds||$15.00 – Rosette – Trophy|
|939 Novice Showmanship Award – 8 to 10 yrs||By Jerry Lorenz shorthorns – Ribbon, Trophy|
|940 Junior Showmanship Award 11 to 14 yrs||By Will Co. Fair Assn. – Ribbon, Trophy|
|941 Senior Showmanship Award 15 to 19 yrs||By Will Co. Fair Assn. – Ribbon, Trophy|
|$25 Cash Award for Grand Champion Steer OAB, given by Mycogen Seed, Roger Heldt, Sales Rep.|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion Shorthorn Steer given by Mycogen Seed, Roger Heldt, Sls. Rep.|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion Angus Steer given by Mycogen Seed, Roger Heldt, Sls. Rep.|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion Hereford Steer, given by Charles and Earline Patton|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion Hereford Female, given by Charles and Earline Patton|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion AOB Steer, given by JDB Angus|
|$25 Cash Award for Champion Crossbred Steer, given by JDB Angus|