Will County Fair Book 2021
JR Horse and Pony Show
JUNIOR HORSE AND PONY SHOW
SUE COLEHOWER, Superintendent (708) 258-0129
JAMES LAWLER, KELLY LAMBERT, Asst. Superintendents
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $3,575.00
Judging Times: All Performance Classes – Thursday, Aug. 22 – 9:00 a.m.
All Halter Classes – Friday, Aug. 23 – 9:00 a.m.
Entry Fee – $5.00 per entry.
See Junior Dept. Livestock general eligibility rules.
See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
- Each exhibitor must comply with the General Eligibility Rules of this Department.
- Each exhibitor shall be limited to one entry in each class.
- All animals shown must have been owned and cared for by the exhibitor since May 1st of current year.
- All animals shown in Dept. H-6 must be owned by Junior Exhibitor. NO joint ownership.
- No exhibitor will be permitted to remove their entry from the grounds until release time.
- NO PONY RIDES TO BE GIVEN ON THE GROUNDS BY AN EXHIBITOR.
- All horses and ponies must be tied (except suckling foal).
- All horses and ponies ARE RESTRICTED TO BARN AREA. No horses and ponies allowed outside fence.
- NO stallions allowed in Junior Show.
- No dogs allowed in barns.
- Ponies shown in Halter are either English Type OR Western Type NOT both.
- NO individual tack stalls, all tack stalls will be assigned by the department superintendent.
- There are 144 stalls in the horse barn. Once these stalls are filled to capacity, the Directors and Superintendents of the Will County Fair Association have the right to refuse and/or void any entries into the fair.
- NO SMOKING IN BARN – THIS RULE MUST BE STRICTLY OBEYED.
- EACH EXHIBITOR MUST CLEAN HIS/HER ASSIGNED HORSE OR PONY STALLS DAILY.
- At the end of the fair, all stalls MUST be CLEANED to the aisle.
NO ENTRIES CHANGED AFTER AUGUST 5, 2019 unless a written permit stating change is presented to Fair Office Secretary by a Dept. H-6 Superintendent, personally, no later than Wednesday, August 21st. Absolutely no entry fees refunded at any time unless so ordered by the Superintendent. Ponies will be under 56’’. Miniature Horses will be 38’’ and Under. Horses will be 56’’ and Over. Any animal Three-years-old and Over and Under 56’’ will be considered a pony.