Will County Fair Book 2021
Becky Braasch, Superintendent 815-405-3901
BECKY BRAASCH, RYAN BRAASCH, HAYLEY HOFFMAN and BOB BATSON and MIRANDA SCHMAEDEKE, Asst. Superintendents
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Amount Offered $6,300.00
Judging Time – 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, August 21
Entry Fee — $5.00 per entry
See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements
- All swine must be in place by 12 noon, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
- All animals must be owned by exhibitor for 30 days prior to opening of fair.
- Entries are limited to 1 entry per class, except for breeding gilt classes, market barrow classes, and market gilt classes entries are limited to 2 per class.
- Registration papers required on all purebred livestock. Purebred barrow papers must be presented at scale at time of weigh-in. NO COPIES. BARROWS WITHOUT PAPERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO CROSSBRED BARROW CLASSES.
- See 2019 State Exhibition Livestock Health Requirements.
- Pigs entered in breeding classes must be purebred and be born between Jan. 1st and April 1st of current year.
- Mature sow is any female that has farrowed at least 1 litter.
- All market classes will be divided into classes by weight, as the superintendents in charge see fit. All pair classes will split by combined weight, not average weight.
- Crossbred gilts will not be allowed in purebred classes.
- All market gilt classes limited only to crossbreds.
- Second place animals from class of champion to show for reserve.
- Purebred animals must be registered in name of individual exhibitor only, not family, farm or firm.
- Market gilts cannot be shown in breeding stock classes.
- Weight Classes 5032, 5062, 5092, 5122, 5152, 5182, 5212, & 5242 will be allowed no more than 1 Sub-Class. Weight Classes 5272 & 5282 will be allowed no more than 2 Sub-Classes. All Sub-Classes are to be determined by the Superintendent.
- ALL MARKET SWINE MUST BE WEIGHED WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21 STARTING AT 12:00 P.M.
- 3 pigs per pen, not less than 3 pigs per pen.
- ALL EXHIBITORS MUST USE WOOD SHAVINGS AS MANDATORY BEDDING
- NO EXCEPTIONS.