Will County Fair Book 2021
Open Show Poultry
LIN SCHARNHORST & COURTNEY SELUCKY Co-Superintendents
RICK & KATHY WHITE, Toni Opyt, LORRAINE SELUCKY, Asst. Superintendents
Judging Time – 8:00 am, August 24th
Entries Close Monday, August 5, 2019
Estimated Amount Offered $1,237.00
Entry Fee – 50 cents per bird, 50 center per pair
Coop fee – Chickens 50 cents per bird, Ducks, Geese, and Turkeys $1.00 per bird
. ALL BIRDS MUST BE AT LEAST 4 MONTHS OLD TO SHOW. All birds over 4 months must be
tested for pullorum thyphoid, prior to entering fairgrounds. Waterfowl do not require testing. USDA
flock testing report or NPIP card must be presented to superintendent before caging.
- Young birds are under one year. Old birds are older than one year.
- Entries are limited to 2 entries of each sanctioned variety per breed, and limited to 2 prize monies per class number. BREED AND VARIETY MUST BE LISTED ON ENTRY FORM.
- All exhibitors must supply their own feed, and feed and water their birds at least once daily, no exceptions.
- Duck, goose, turkey exhibitors must supply their own feeders and non-spillable waterers.
- Tags will be attached to assigned cages, no changes to tags or cages are permitted.
- All birds must remain inside of poultry barn during the entire fair, see superintendent for exceptions.
- Poultry will be judged based on “The American Standard of Perfection.”
- Will County Fair Assn. will not be responsible for accidents or loss by fire, storm, or otherwise.
All birds must be in show coops by 12 noon on Wednesday, August 21.
Superintendents will coop birds, Tuesday 6pm to 10pm, and Wednesday until 12 noon.
All birds must be removed by 10pm., the last night of the fair, no exceptions.
All bantams and standards will be assessed a per bird coop fee of .50.
Ducks, turkeys and geese a per bird coop fee of $1.00
PRIZE MONEY: 1st – $5.00, 2nd – $4.00, 3rd – $3.00, 4th – $2.00
|1609||1610||1611||1612||Single comb clean legged (Rocks)|
|1617||1618||1619||1620||Modern and Old English game|
|1621||1622||1623||1624||Rosecomb clean legged|
|1625||1626||1627||1628||All Other Featherlegs|
|1629||1630||1631||1632||All Other Purebreds, all other combs clean-legged|
|STANDARD LARGE FOWL|
|1636||1637||1638||1639||Continental (Polish, Hamburg, etc.)|
|1640||1641||1642||1643||Guinea (All Varieties)|
|1644||1645||1646||1647||Mediterranean (Leghorn, etc.)|
|1648||1649||1650||1651||American (RI Red, Jersey, etc.)|
|1652||1653||1654||1655||Asiatic (Cochin & Brahma, etc.)|
|1656||1657||1658||1659||English (Orpington, Sussex, etc.)|
|1660||1661||1662||1663||All Other Purebreds|
|All pairs must show as singles. Limited to 1 pair per class number.|
|Old Tom||Old Hen||Old Pair||Young Tom||Young Hen||Young Pair|
|Old Gander||Old Goose||Old Pair||Young Goose||Young Gander||Young Pair|
|1682||1683||1684||1685||1686||1687–Medium & Light (All Other Breeds)|
|Old Drake||Old Duck||Old Pair||Young Drake||Young Drake||Young Duck||Young Pair|
|1694||1695||1696||1697||1697||1698||1699–Medium (Rouen, Buff, etc.)|
|1700||1701||1702||1703||1703||1704||1705–Light & Bantam (Runner, Call, etc.)|
|1708||Costume Class: Open to any bird already entered in open or Junior show – Ribbon (no entry fee)|
|1712||Champion Bantam – Rosette|
|1713||Champion Large Fowl – Rosette|
|1714||Champion Turkey – Rosette|
|1715||Champion Waterfowl – Rosette|
|1716||Bird Judged Best of Show – $5.00 – Rosette and Trophy (Trophy given by Tri-K Pigeon|
& Bantam Club)